If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Saturday 27 August 2011

Short Break

I am playing host this weekend to a very old and dear friend* and his good lady. The corner where I keep my laptop and do my internetting has now been cleared and given over to expanded dining facilities. Blogging will therefore be light-to-nonexistent for a day or two.

Play nicely.

* We met almost exactly 39 years ago in Fresher's Week at the Uni we both went to. We shared a house for a while and, despite two marriages each and periods of a year or two when we never even spoke (laziness rather than hostility, I should add), we have remained buddies. I don't make friends easily, but he's one of the very few. I can't imagine a world where there isn't someone who can ring me up, put on an 'official' voice and say "Mr Nowhere? This is Pembrokeshire Sewage Department, and I'm calling to say that we have had just about enough shit out of you for one year." (And who wouldn't be offended by the reply "Fuck off, you tosser.")

1 comment:

  1. Old friends always take priority. Have fun!

    (Word verification: efing!)

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...