If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Happy Birthday

Two years ago today, I sat down and wrote these words:
Having just gone through Blogger's Krypton-Factor style set-up process (Think of a name! Think of a title!) I now have a blog. I will no doubt regret the hasty decisions I made on the way in (if I can remember them at all - what was my name again?) but the die is now cast. If you read this, and I doubt very much that you will, welcome and thank you for stopping by. It's been a pleasure.
Recently, the blog has had around 180 hits per day, or well over 5000 a month. While, in comparison with most blogs, that is a dazzlingly modest figure, it amazes me that anyone reads it at all, let alone comes back for a second or third dose.

Thank you all for reading this nonsense, and for your interesting, entertaining and valuable comments. I appreciate every single one.

Big hugs.

12 comments:

  1. well I read your every post. Most enjoyable. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, I too read your every post. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Likewise. I read all the posts, even if I don't always comment. The latest post about Red Kites will be passed on to mother, who liked a previous one about the gardens of Abergavenny (I think it was?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just nice to read a fellow bikers perspective on things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, sweet. I've always liked cats.

    I'm sure I've said it before, but it has also been a great pleasure to be a regular reader of such an erudite and civilised corner of the web - long may that continue.

    'appy birthday and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here, love to read your blog, and get your view on things. Please keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you all. I am very touched.

    But you knew that anyway.

    Onwards and upwards, then :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still waiting for the eruditeness (eruditity?, wit and pleasantly tangential view of life to be harnessed into a book. Save us from Twitter and Britain's Got Talent - write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Which one in the picture is you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh. I am the one hiding behind the third blade of grass, back left, quivering.

    I mean, just because it's wearing pyjamas doesn't mean it's not dangerous.

    Richard (unable to log in because at work)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you sound surprised that we like yer style m8, long may you blog my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...